Friday, May 5, 2017

Growth Mindset: The End

Reviewing The End


GROWTH BEYOND SCHOOL

Wow! Growth beyond school is huge for me right now. Over this semester I have faced so many challenges, but I have come out strong. I truly believe this is because of the growth mindset I learned about at the beginning of this semester. I have taken the past 15 weeks to learn more about learning. I was brought on to work at Victory Family Church in Norman under the CTO. I know almost NOTHING about technology, but this growth mindset has helped me convince myself that I am smart. I am capable. I can grow and develop skills to become one of the very best at what I do. I have recently been given the title Analyst. I couldn't be more proud of myself. There are so many things that I am continuing to learn and have to practice leaving my fixed mindset behind on. I have always been a self-help fanatic, but now I am leaving behind the "this is great for someone else" mentality and saying "I can grow and become exactly who I want to be." That is so cool. Since learning and hearing about growth mindset, I have been assisting in the process of launching Victory Family School, a private school here in Norman. Dr. Susan Kimmel from OU is the Head Master at the school, and I got to have an in-depth and well thought out conversation with her about her passions for the growth mindset and how it will be the heart of the new school. Overall, I would say that this mindset change (while constant work and effort) has helped develop me immensely in the past 15 weeks. I am thankful for the growth mindset activities and what they have helped me learn. I look forward to continuing the development of that mindset and seeing where it takes me. 

Growth Mindset Blog


Image Information: Looking Back
Source: Susanne Nilsson
Source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment