Thursday, May 4, 2017

Improvements

Change Review Weeks to Planning Weeks
I really liked this idea. I think that this is more beneficial to students, and here is why. I felt like in this first half of the semester I was killing it. I was on top of things each and every week. Then at week 11 life happened. I had never taken an online course, and I let the leniency with due dates get the best of me. I experienced my grandfather passing at about week 9 and then in week 12, I got word of my grandmother having a spot on her left breast, followed by the confirmation of breast cancer in week 13. Now here it is week 15 scrambling to get a C (which is not normal because I have been a straight A student). I think this new planning week option will push the idea of still working even when it seems like you can lay back a little. 

Create more audio recordings
I like this idea too. I found the audio extremely helpful simply because the names and places could be difficult to pronounce and when you were reading I could keep the different characters straight better than I could when it was just me. 

Create writing tutorial videos
I think this is good, but I wonder if anyone would use them. I feel like most mistakes with writing were out of laziness and lack of proofreading. 

Create thematic reading units
This is a really cool idea too because when I started my Storybook, I found a lot of common love themes although that was not necessarily what I was going for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment