Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus: Learning New Techniques

This assignment was hard. I realize the importance of really reading and understanding, but all of these reading styles were a struggle to do. 

If I had to rank them in usefulness to me, I would order them as follows.
  1. Copy-and-Delete
  2. Reading out Loud
  3. Use a Timer
I like the idea of copy and delete. But I would rather note without deleting. I see the point of deleting, but I feel as though it does not add anything personally. 

I think reading out loud is one of my favorite things to do, but I know it is not always practical given when and where I am. I also do not like reading that slow. I found myself more focus on how slow I was reading than the content of the story.

The timer technique was the struggle. I read the story once and hen again, then certain parts aloud, and I just got bored. 

I don't think I will adopt any of these strategies regularly. 

Side note: I really liked the midterm version of Sita being kidnapped by Ravana. It was clever and relatable. 



Image Info: Me trying to Focus while Reading

Originally posted by Vuxicon MediaEmp
Source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment