Monday, February 6, 2017

Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues, Section A

Part A

Sita could be a mermaid the way she emerged from the water. I could write an under the sea story!

What in the world was the explosion for?

Seems very sexualized.

It seems confusing that the narrators get confused.

Why do they switch back and forth between stories?

I like that the narration mentions that stealing Sita is the only bad thing Ravana does.

Sitas songs are fitting to her circumstances.

Ravana stealing Sita was underwhelming!

I like the jewelry trail part. it is like Hansel and Gretel.

Hanuman's purpose could be a cool story.

I like how the story is super simplified

I do not understand how the switch to the San Fran couple is relevant. Especially that is about relationship problems up to this point.

She wants Rama, not the monkey.

Scene switch to the random couple.

The story of defeating Vali is left out. Why?

Rama could actually not love Sita anymore.

They have a point, Ravana didn't force Sita into anything.

I could write a musical of Sita and Rama's love.

I could do something where Sita doesn't forgive Rama for the fire situation. She could plot to embarrass him in a new story.

I still don't understand the couple it keeps showing.

Sita could turn into an ugly woman due to relations with Ravana.

I like how the sun is personified. Everything is personified.

I could write a story about trials in the rain then a rainbow ending to tie a story to a song Sita sings.


It'll be interesting to see how this movie ends. It is very strange.

Image Information: Sita and Hanuman w/ Banana
Post By: Fred Miller
Originally from Sita Sings the Blues by Nina Paley
Source: Flickr


Source: 

Your Name Here presents in association with Your Money; a Funded by You production; a film by Nina Paley; written by Nina Paley; directed by Nina Paley; produced by Nina Paley. (2008). Sita sings the blues. [San Francisco]: Nina Paley Productions, LLC.


No comments:

Post a Comment