Monday, January 30, 2017

Learning Challenge: Gratitude

Gratitude.

This extra credit assignment on gratitude started with one video (linked below) called The Amazing Effects of Gratitude. I liked it a lot. It talks about gratitude's location on the emotion scale. It talked about people tracking how grateful they were for a week and each day what they were grateful for. After following this month after month, happiness increased. The idea was that a gratitude journal improves the physical, emotional, and mental health of individuals over time.

Then, on the suggested videos sidebar I saw, The Gratitude Experiment (also linked below). It suggested that a gratitude journal is also beneficial, but went on to challenge the watcher to do an activity. This activity was actually one of several in what the speaker called a well cast journal.

I followed to the related videos that introduced the idea of this WellCast journal and liked the idea. I have decided to watch these videos for the next several weeks and participate in the challenge. If you are interested here is the link. WellCast Challenge

I hope to keep you guys updates on this ass I complete the tasks in the Learning Challenge Extra Credit Posts!

I am a sucker for personal development!

Image Information: Gratitude Quote by Steve Maraboli
Post/ Photo Credit: BK
Source: Flickr


Sources:
The Amazing Effects of Gratitudehttps://youtu.be/_sokh9e2WGc

The Gratitude Experiment

2 comments:

  1. Wow I really liked this post. It's crazy how much our attitudes change when we make the choice to focus on the positive things that happen in life. I tried something similar last year, and focused on smiling more. This helped me be more welcoming to strangers in my class, spread positivity to those walking by, and even helped me constantly be on the look out for things to be happy about (i.e. our pretty campus, bumping into old friends, or even flashing a smile to someone who needs it). Showing gratitude works in a similar way. Our generation has a lot of high expectations (of ourselves and others) and more often than not we are disappointed by things and people, instead of grateful for the good things that happen (i.e. more upset about dropping and cracking our phones over being joyful that someone at the grocery story helped bring our bags out to our car). I think we all could use a frequent reminder to remain gratitude-centered!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll have to check this learning challenge out because I think anything that helps with personal growth is worth spending time on. I think the idea of tracking something every day to be grateful for is such a great idea. It would bring a positive vibe to everyday. You could even start a journal with a page dedicated to one thing to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete