Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Reading Notes: Narayan's Ramayana, Section C

Chapter 6

Vali

Kiskinda is a mountainous region. I love the mountains. Maybe it would be fun to write about them.

Sugreeva's Story

I wonder where Vali went. 

It is cool they "pushed up" the mountains. I forget how powerful the characters are. 

It could be cool to write about Sugreeva and Vali as Rama and Lakshama. 

Sita could become married to Lakshama. 

I like Rama's willingness to help Sugreeva

Does Rama know he is Vishnu?

Dundubi's Story

I could write of Sugreeva thinking that Rama had plotted to have his wife taken so he could get closer to Sugreeva to kill him, per request of his brother Vali.

It is sad they feel the need to get rid of Vali because I feel as though he was misunderstood. He thought his brother was plotting against him.

The brother's issues (Sugreevas and Valis) remind me of vampire diaries. Especially with the wife situation. Like how Stephan had Elaina and then Damon did.

Vali's post injury lecture to Rama was deep. introspective.

The way that Vali had a change of heart after Rama explained why he was killing him was random but deep and honest. The ceremony of Valis wife and kid mourning him is very sad.

Chapter 7

When the Rains Cease

I write about what was happening in Sugrreva's life that caused him to be over the 4 months.

I could rewrite the search for Sita in the mountains, like an adventure.

I like that the mountains "called" 

I would like to personify the mountains and write a whole story about them. 










Image Information: Vali, the Monkey King killed by Rāma
Author: Company School
Source: Wikimedia
Sources:

Narayan, R. K. (1972). The Ramayana: a shortened modern prose version of the Indian epic. Penguin.http://iereadingguides.blogspot.com/2015/05/week-1-of-2-narayans-ramayana-reading.html

No comments:

Post a Comment